The school uniform is compulsory and consists of a green & gold polo shirt bearing the school logo, with black or bottle green pants, shorts, skirts or skorts. Girls may wear a green and white check dress. Fleecy jackets and windcheaters carry the school logo and are available from the uniform shop together with black cargo pants and skorts.
Welcome to Mount Dandenong Primary School, a school situated in the heart of the Dandenong Ranges in Victoria. A school where Respect, Independence, Community, Honesty define our values. We hope that you enjoy browsing our website. Please contact us if you have any enquiries. Email — firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount Dandenong Primary School values our unique environment and close community. It is a place for creating opportunities and academic excellence, nurturing respect, happiness and independence.
At Mount Dandenong Primary School we pride ourselves on the Performing Arts and the creativeness we can instill in students. Each year students have an opportunity to perfect with their grade on stage, Year 6’s gain confidence in their end of year productions and we look forward to showcasing dance and creative drama through our end of year concert where all students have an opportunity to perform.
Mt Dandenong Primary School OSHC offers both Before School Care (BSC) & After School Care (ASC).
These services are Australian Government approved therefore all families are eligible to apply for Child Care Benefit (CCB). CCB is a payment made to families via the Family Assistance Office (FAO) to assist with the cost of child care.
Hours of operation
Before School Care 7:o0am – 8:45am. After School Care 3:30pm – 6:15pm. How to book Families who wish to use the OSHC program need to complete an enrolment with Oshclub at www.oshclub.com.au Bookings are them made using the online booking system. On the day bookings can be made by leaving a message on 0419 915 649
Multi Purpose Room Mt Dandenong Primary School Farndons Road Mount Dandenong 3767 PH: 9751 1136 Emergency Contact MOB: 0419 915 649
Mt Dandenong Primary School OSHC program is closed: •During school vacations •On pupil free days •For all gazetted Public Holidays – Australia Day, Labour Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Anzac Day, Queen’s Birthday and Cup Day. •On Code Red fire danger days
Cost varies according Rebate and CCB. Full Fee: Before School $16.00 After School $19.85
The aim of this program is to impart a love and enthusiasm of music, dance and drama in a non-threatening and fun environment. Your child will leave this school with greater confidence and with musical skills that will last a lifetime.
All children receive a 1 hour classroom music lesson each week. Here they learn to play a variety of instruments during their Primary years. African drums, recorder, ukulele, marimbas, keyboard, guitar and percussion are some of the instruments introduced to children at various levels. By the end of Grade Six, most children should be able to read music and play a variety of instruments. Drama and musical games, dance, singing and percussion work are other activities included in the classroom music program.
In addition, there are opportunities for children to join one of the following performance groups which meet either before school or at lunchtime.
Please note that there is a requirement that any child selected for these performance groups must make a commitment for the duration of the year in attending both rehearsals and performances.
- School Performance Groups Vocal Ensemble are a group of very talented singers from Grades 4-6 who perform regularly throughout the year. Children are selected by audition, rehearse weekly and perform at various community events throughout the year.
- School Orchestra performs most Monday afternoons during afternoon assembly time, as well as performing throughout the year. Any child who learns an instrument either at school or outside of school and who has some experience is eligible to attend.
- “Jamming with the Juniors!” Terms 1 and 2. This is for Grade 1 and 2 children who love to sing/dance with others in an informal group. Rehearsals are every second week during lunchtime.
- “The Super Senior Singers” : Terms 3 and 4.This is for anyone from Grades 3-6 who love to sing! Rehearsals are every second week during lunchtime.
- Private instrumental lessons are available during school time for flute, guitar, piano, violin and advanced recorder. Contact the office for further details.
- Concerts and Performances: Highlights include the Chestnut Festival, Busking and Talent Night, Monbulk Recorder Concert, Music Count Us In-whole school singing event, Vocal Ensemble City Excursion and performance, Musical Soiree Evening, William Angliss Remembering at Christmas Service, CFA Carols on the Mountain performance, Presentation Night, Christmas Music Assembly, as well as opportunities to perform in Grade Assemblies each term.
The Easter Hat Parade is a popular yearly event at Mount Dandenong Primary School. Each year students are suggested a number of categories to enter related to Curriculum areas, and children are encourage to work with parents to create a fantastic hat to illustrate their knowledge and understanding. This is a fun event enjoyed by teachers, students and parents alike.
Mount Dandenong offers an extensive range of Sporting opportunities including school and regional Athletics, comprehensive 2 week Swimming program each year, and Physical Education weekly program for each student.
The school has a strong sense of local community with the majority of students drawn from the hills area. The local community has traditionally taken a keen interest in the school and been significantly involved in day to day operations and future development.
The school has established strong links to the local pre-school and encourages sharing of resources. Currently at 204, enrolments have remained stable at around 200 for the past 14 years.
The school has a dedicated, professional staff team with a strong commitment to the provision of high quality education.