Runde is a Wurundjeri word for ‘all coming together’ Groups of about 15 students meet with their adult mentor once a fortnight. The mentor is a facilitator who provides a supportive and accepting environment and takes part in all activities.
Group activities aim to :
- Bond the group
- Build the self-esteem of every group member
- Increase confidence to speak about personal concerns in the group
- Increase the ability to listen to others
- Develop relationships with other students and adults within the school
- As group members become more confident about speaking in the group and learning to listen, other skills will be included such as the ability to respond empathically to others, the ability to understand non-verbal behaviour and awareness of bullying